Are you able to organise any events or campaigns to support FWH Creations? We would love to assist you in planning your fundraiser! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get right back to you.
- Danetre and Daventry Rotary Clubs raised money for us to buy two industrial sewing machines for the Jacobs Well unit, which have been used for training new staff members in advanced tailoring techniques.
- The Pitstop group from St Matthews & St Oswalds church held a Bring and Buy sale to raise money for a camera to be used in ongoing communications training at the unit, and also contributed towards English classes for the Jacobs Well team.
- Rugby Christmas Cracker run a café and radio station throughout December every year raising awareness of FWH Creations and the Jacobs Well project. Through the café, “A la Carte” dinner services and a number of other events, this long-running campaign raises vital funds to enable training and education opportunities to continue at the unit in Bangalore.
- Jayne Storey has just run her third marathon for us! The ongoing support from her generous cheerleaders has enabled Jayne to spend time in India training the Jacobs Well team in business skills and management, in addition to covering English classes for the tailoring staff, securing a Business Entrepreneurship course for Production Manager Lydia, and upgrading facilities and equipment at the unit to a far more comfortable standard.
Online fundraising tools make it easier than ever to support our work and make a difference in the life of an eager learner in India, while social media helps you share your campaign far and wide. We would be delighted to provide you with any materials such as leaflets and photographs, or even arrange to come and speak about our work at your event.
- Take inspiration from Jayne and get training for a sporting event! Have your friends and family sponsor you for either the whole event, or give an amount per mile.
- Too much ‘stuff’ filling up your cupboards and wardrobes? That unworn dress may be exactly what someone else has been looking for! Consider selling good quality items online, host a ‘yard sale’ or organise a ‘swishing’ event where people can pay an entry fee to come and swap items in good condition amongst the group.
- Host a dinner or dance for Fashion with Heart! You could serve food and drinks made with fair trade ingredients. It may well be possible for a member of our team to attend and speak to your guests directly about FWH and Jacobs Well.
- Donate your special day! Be it your birthday, wedding, graduation or another big day, consider asking your friends and family to give the gift of a secure future to a woman in India by making a donation to FWH Creations in your name, instead of buying traditional gifts. If you would like donations to go towards a specific purpose we would be happy to coordinate this with you. A new sewing machine? Textbooks? A pattern-cutting course? There are many possibilities.
Use your imagination! What crazy ideas do you have that would raise the profile of FWH Creations and encourage people to support our work? We’d love to hear your wildest thoughts!